UPDATE: MRI 1.23.2009 STABLE
Hi Everyone:
A brief note to let you all know that Phil's MRI on Monday has come back "stable - no change since the last MRI." So the addition of Carboplatin seems to be doing it's job. Phil is very tired on this chemo, and he finds the fatigue discouraging. He doesn't leave the house often at all, prefering to stay in our toasty-warm home than go out in the winter chill. For the last couple of days, he's had a nasty case of bronchitis which has him feeling very under the weather. I think he is on the mend now. He's taking medicines and resting/sleeping a lot.
I've taken a couple of days off of work to stay home with him. In people with cancer who are on chemotherapy, infections like bronchitis can become very serious if pneumonia or sepsis develops. So i've been wary about leaving him home alone until he is feeling well again. We have kept in close contact with his doctors who have been very responsive. He has such good doctors! I'm so grateful for his care team, both at UCSF and here in Eugene. They are all so easy to work with, are responsive to my concerns, and explain things well.
I hope you are all well. Thanks for your continued emails. We have enjoyed them.
Love,
Elizabeth and Phil.

No comments:
Post a Comment